Sometimes when Kelton is fussy, I'll catch Harlow say "Baby Kelton, don't worry" and he'll pat him on the back or give him a kiss. Harlow loves his little brother. Every time we go any where Harlow asks "Mom, where's baby Kelton?" like he's afraid we were going to leave him. Harlow wants to hold Kelton, tries to pick him up on his own, lays next to him and pulls him over right next to him to cuddle.
Harlow is getting to be such a good big brother. He is much more gentle with and around Kelton then he use to be. We still have issues with him throwing stuff at the baby or knocking the baby on the head, but overall he does great. I think Harlow understand that Mommy and Baby just go together now, but it is a different story when Nathan holds Kelton. As soon as Nathan picks him up Harlow suddenly wants to be "Baby Harlow" and for Daddy to hold and cuddle with him. He climbs up on Nathan's lap and closes his eyes and starts making baby noises. He doesn't like to share Daddy with the baby, Daddy is Harlow's. It doesn't help that Nathan eggs him on by taking Kelton in his arms and making sure to say "Oh Kelton, You're My FAVORITE Baby" loud enough for Harlow to unmistakeably hear...Dad's such a tease.
Harlow is also such a big helper for Mommy. I can ask Harlow to go get me new a diaper or rash cream, or throw dirty diapers away in the trash, which he totally does. I will sometimes ask Harlow if Kelton is awake or sleeping when I'm bouncing him up on my shoulder...they are all little things but they seriously do help and he loves doing them for me and being my special helper.

No comments:
Post a Comment