So I try out new things...a lot! and they don't always turn out successfully but I still try and expand my little house-wife skills...My husband brought me home this sign that now hangs in the kitchen
and he says I kiss well...I don't know if its true but I do try to both kiss and cook my best so... ;)
I have made so many loafs of bread, many which have flopped on me...for some reason I just have a heck of a time with bread...I'll get better though. I've learned how to make hair flowers, bows, and cheering-leading pony-o's. Made season/holiday blocks, learned how to use Mog Podge and a Cricut machine (thanks to Courtney for letting me borrow it). Have made from scratch cinnamon rolls, banana and zucchini/yellow squash bread, home cleaners, Italian sauces, and grew my own garden...I feel proud of myself and hope to get much better because, frankly, there's a lot of room for growth but I'm excited for it!
Huge zucchini from my garden whose insides turned out to be hard with large seeds, just like a pumpkin...weird!! I'm asking why it happened to this one and not all my others...maybe because it got to big...
Its fun to try new things!! Hooray for crafts and cooking!!
All should read this book I found in my Grandma's house "The Art of Homemaking" (*NOT written by a man, my bad, thanks Cami for correcting me!) from the 50's or 60's. Hilarious, sexist, and outdated but also filled with great advice and mindsets! ...Try to find...
your bread looks beautiful! WOW! You are so crafty and cute. I love it! :O)
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute and crafty - and I agree, the bread looks great! By the way, Darryl Hooley isn't a man... she's a woman. The name threw me off, too. ;) The Art of Homemaking is a fun book. I have a copy I got from my Grandma or Aunt.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the upcoming new arrival!!!!!! We are so happy for your guys! Love and hugs,
Cami (and Dan)
Haha! I always thought it was a man!! I'll go and change that! Thanks! I thought, how ironic it is that a man is writing this book on how a picture perfect house-wife should be...serves me right
ReplyDeleteThank you for the congrats! We are so excited!! I'm starting to get a little baby bump :) that's fun