We woke this morning to snow and lots of it! As soon as Harlow saw it through the window we got so excited he could hardly contain himself! "Snow, Snow, Snow!" He wanted to stand by the window all morning
and watch it come down. When I took him in his room to get dressed he
pointed to his snow suit all on his own and insisted I put him in
it...how does he even remember what that thing was for?! "Zip, Zip" He
followed me around until I zipped it up and then took my hand and led me
to the door. Nathan and I pulled on some snow clothes and joined our
very excited son in some snow time. Harlow was excited to see his foot
prints and trails that he made. He loved eating the snow balls I gave
him, "Yummy" he'd say.
Two days ago it was gorgeous weather, You wouldn't have guessed that
we'd wake up this morning to a literal Winter Wonderland! It is so
beautiful and I've just felt like singing "It's beginning to look a lot
like Christmas" all day.
Amazing how quickly the temperature has dropped. It has been near -20° and sits "normally" at 0° - CRAZY COLD HERE!
Harlow had to bring his balloons out in the snow with him when we went out a second time. It was fine at first because there was no wind. He took the balloons and threw them up in the air and they'd come floating back down right beside him. But when the wind picked up off went the balloons! Harlow tried to chase them but tripped and fell face first in a pile of snow. Did he cry, Yes, but was his face had snow stuck to it or was it because he had snow all down the collar of his snowsuit? No. It was because his balloons were now half way across the neighbors yard blowing further and further away every second. So Mom had to become her superhero-self and took off across the untouched snow field to capture the escaped balloons.
Successful transformation Mommy!
And of course what's better than snow? Pulling your bike out and hardly being able to ride it in the snow! Put him in this plush, slippery snowsuit on top of that and what you actually get is one sincerely happy child!
Getting all suited up for snow play - the wet, dirty mess you get when you all go back inside - not to mention the explosion of snow clothes that now cover the entryway...I'm sure glad snow it fun, because it's a lot of work
No comments:
Post a Comment