Friday, October 11, 2013

To have a little one once again

We are thrilled to share the news that we are expecting again!!  Tomorrow we will be 13 weeks along, far enough where I feel I can stop being afraid and start being more excited - I went to the second Drs visit this morning and he said all sounded well.  It was at my second appointment with our last pregnancy that we found out the babies heart was no longer beating...I was a little nervous for this appointment...I hope I can be more excited and less nervous now.

A miscarriage is harder than I imagined, emotionally and physically.  And you think you're over it but you find out repeatedly that you're not....that's all I'll say

(*Beware: Possible TMI here) Back in August, I was suppose to start my cycle.  That day I felt awful and crampy but it didn't come.  Nor did it come the next or the next.  After 5 days I finally just broke down to tested.  I was pretty surprised to see the positive, since I had been cramping all this time.  I was worried and thought for sure we were going to have a miscarriage right away.  I don't exaggerate when I say the every time I went to the bathroom I braced myself to see blood...but the weeks went by and the cramping would come and go.  I read online and discovered that many women cramp, its fairly normal.  That eased my tension a bit.  That first Dr appointment I requested to see Dr Thorpe, who I had seen with the miscarriage.  Nathan was able to get off work and come with me which meant the world.  (thanks Becca for being ready and willing to go with me to be my strength and support)  I was nervous (understatement!) but we when we got to see our little one's heart beating is was such a thrill.  And, get this, the ultrasound machine fit in the palm of his hand!  It was incredible!

We haven't told many people because like I said, we were worried we'd miscarry, but we're feeling good (*still asking for your prayers in our behalf).  So here we are telling again - the Andersen Family is about to grow again and we couldn't be more happy!  We want this baby, painfully so.  And are grateful that everything is looking good so far :)

PS-most people in our ward know...it's nearly impossible to hide my very pregnant looking belly now :) Yay! for baby bellies!
11 weeks along

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! Of course, I will keep you in my prayers, but I am so happy that things are going well so far. Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete